Though I’m usually pretty stellar at keeping things hush, these past few weeks Andrew and I have been nearly popping at the seams; holding on tight to our now pear sized secret (!). I couldn’t be more OVER THE MOON and beyond to finally share – our family of two + Rooster Lou is welcoming a little sunshine babe this very early September. Before we found out he was a he, I dreamed of him – mama bird intuition is a miraculous, magical thing, isn’t it?
For my memory and your back pocket (weeks 0-15)
• Though I haven’t had any real ‘cravings’, seltzer water, grapefruit, and pineapple have managed to wiggle their ways to the top of my diet staples.
• Along the same lines of ‘cravings’, I pulled my first ‘pregnancy card’ this weekend and pleaded with Andrew to go on a late night bike for a pint of Ben & Jerry’s non-dairy caramel coffee fudge ice cream. The plight was (is) real.
• I don’t think I’ve ever received more compliments on my complexion – though that could be in direct correlation with said increased grapefruit consumption and pseudo-excessively smothering myself in coconut oil. You can never be too hydrated..
• Around-the-clock nausea luckily passed by the end of Week 12, but I’m still having some issues sharing space with sesame oil – Crunchy Rainbow Roll, see you in September!
• Most comfortable in oversized neutrals (see: Fashionable Unfashionableness), teensy bump aside, this gradual transition into ‘maternity wear’ hasn’t really been much of a leap. Wearing: HATCH Collection’s Market Dress.
• I don’t think I’ve ever been so genuinely over the moon; he’s going to be, and already is, so loved!
• • •
In My Bowl and Tallulah have always served a resource for holistic and plant based wellness, but also a live documentation of my life and everyday. On this new, winding, and wondrous path, I intend to not only continue what I’ve always been doing, sharing my recipes, cognitions, and self, but to grow our community to include mama, papa, and baby bird nutrition, family accessible recipes, and little tidbits on building and fostering the holistic home and self. Health and wellness belong to everyone, everyday, always.